Questions about peruvian football (in english)

Publicado en 'Fútbol Peruano' por lucarne, 24 May 2011.

Estado del tema:
cerrado.

1. lucarne

lucarne Miembro nuevo

Registro:
    4 Abr 2011

Hello,

First of all, I’d like to apologize for not writing in Spanish but this is to difficult for me due to the lack of vocabulary. So I will prefer my broken English.

I am a French webmaster of a website dedicated to all footballs that are not covered by any French medias (you know, these kinds of footballs which are categorized as “exotic”) and with one of my reader, I am preparing a focus on Peruvian football which then will lead to the coverage of Peruvian Primera Division. That’s why I’m here and I hope I'm not posting in a wrong topic (apologies if so)

In this report, we will focus on Peruvian football history and introduce the league (with a complementary article dedicated do Cienciano – if any of you would like to talk about his team, feel free to contact me). If I came here is to ask you few questions about Peruvian football and I’d be glad if some of you could answer (it will only take a few minutes).

Here are the questions divided in 2 themes:

The first one is dedicated to the national team (NT)

- I’ll start with a “funny” question: could you explain the jersey. Does this red stripe means anything ?
    - Despite the high number of great players (just looking at the actual Blanquiroja is enough to prove it), Peru failed to qualify for any World Cup since 1982. How would you explain that ? Does this have a negative impact on Peruvian local football (and maybe the passion behind the NT).
    - Peru NT had two golden ages: in the thirties and in the seventies. Two great periods separated by 40 years. It means that now its time to live a new one? What about the young players? Do you feel that it would be possible for Peru to shine again? What do you think is missing for this to happen again?
    - In few weeks will start the Copa America and Peru will play in a very tough group. Do you expect something from it?

Then time to talk about local football.

- How would you rate your Primera División?
    - I am also covering Copa Libertadores and thus could see Universidad San Martín or León de Huánuco this season, Universitario, Alianza Lima or Juan Aurich last year, competed quite well. Would you say that this reflect the real level of Peruvian clubs? Do you feel that your local football is improving?
    - How would you describe the way football is lived in Peru? How Peruvian are living their passion? Is it, as we used to describe football in South America (an incredible passion) or is it different (if so, how different)?
    I’ll stop here.

Thank you in advance

nicolas

A jbl le gustó este mensaje.

2. Kyros

Kyros Suspendido

Registro:
    10 May 2011
    I'm quite sure it is against the rules to start a thread in another language that it's not spanish.

Contact the moderators first and ask them if having this thread in english or any other language it's ok with them.

If they give you permission then I think people will answer.

3. Sakujo

Sakujo Suspendido

Registro:
    5 Ene 2009
    Chekeenle la IP, apuesto que este es mas peruano que la papa.

A jbl, jean199a, jose25frisco y 1 otra persona les gustó este mensaje.
  4. Jorge H.

Jorge H. Suspendido

Registro:
    5 Set 2009
    No problemo dude. Sorry if my english is not what you expected for.

Si hago alguna falta perdonen :(

Última edición: 24 May 2011
    A jbl le gustó este mensaje.
  5. Alez94

Alez94 Suspendido

Registro:
    8 Nov 2010
    Hello.
    I can only say that the Peruvian soccer is going through a very bad moment for more than 20 years, we have good players in Euorope, but various factors such as indiscipline we fuck.
    Local tournament I can tell you about my team Universitario de Deportes largest and most popular in Peru, quite apart from being the most champion.
    Having 25 titles, followed by partnership and glass with 22 and 18 titles respectively.
    Today, the club passed a severe crisis, but all the creams are confident that we will recover.

6. Diego_7

Diego_7 Suspendido

Registro:
    22 May 2009
    No le mientas al gringo.

PD: Buena con el traductor de Google.

Última edición: 24 May 2011
    A Jorge H., jbl, yorking y otras 2 personas les gustó este mensaje.
  7. Maelo

Maelo Miembro maestro

Registro:
    11 Mar 2009
    First of all thanks for your interest about our national football.

I will ask one question, maybe some people desagree but a lot of people agree with this answer. Well the following two questions I think I can answer:
    As you said, Perú had 2 golden ages, in the 30s and 70s, but I will say also during the 50s with a lot of players going to `play to another countries.

After the golden generation and good football during the 70s and half of the 80s in Perú there was coming a new generation of good players.

Usually the good players come from the most popular football club of our country, the oldest at the moment in the national tournment, the team of Alejandro Villanueva, Teofilo Cubillas, Conejo Benitez, César Cueto, Claudio Pizarro & Jefferson Farfan and a lot more, it would take a lot of time giving you the names of good players, this football club, ALIANZA LIMA would be as the backbone of our football.

So, what happens?

There was a change of generation during the mid 80s, a new group of very good players were starting to play in Alianza Lima, most of them with the clasical characteristic for what at that moment and until now the peruvian and specially players from Alianza Lima are known, speccially in South America: The beauty of their movements, some people call it "LA QUIMBA", "PICARDIA", you ask people from another south american countries about how beauty our players can treat the ball when playing football.

Well Alianza during the end of 1987 was on top of the national league, there was a game that Alianza had to play in a city far from the capital, in a place called Pucallpa. The team played there and won.

When thery were coming back to Lima, there was an accident, the most horrendous you can imagine: The plane crashed into the sea before landing in the airport.
    All the people but the pilot died in the crash. All players, team staff, everybody, just one person as i said before, only the pilot survived.

That moment I consider was an after and a before for our football.

The generation that was supposed to take over from the players who were leaving the professional football was lost.
    You can say that there are another club who could give players, but in our country thats not the situation. Alianza was, is and will be the club for some reason who is the backbone of our football.

So it took for my club, Alianza, a lot of time to recover from this tragedy "The tragedy of Ventanilla". And as a normal consecuence for all the peruvian football.

When the tragedy happened, 1987, Alianza was leading on the national league and for the quality of the team was considered to win the title that year after 8 years.

So after the tragedy it took till 1997 for Alianza to win again the national title.

The last time Peru disputed decently a World Cup qualification was in 1986 for the Mexico´s 1986 World Cup......the next to be disputed in a decent way was going to be in 1997 for France 98´ . (In 1986 we put Maradona´s Argentina almost out of qualifying for the World cup, in 1998 was similar with Chile).

Anyway I think at this moment, after 2010 the tragedy could be considered with little impact due to the change of already 2 generations of players. So as a normal consequence now we can see peruvian players playing in big clubs in Europe, surprise surprise most of them come from Alianza Lima.
    A lot of players playing here for another club from my country, most of them comes from Alianza Lima.
    The last national champion had almost the 50 percent of their players that started in Alianza Lima.

So I see a better future now. Anyhow my respect for the players who had to take all the weight of the lost of a generation of players and play for our national team in disadvantage due to the tragedy.

Thanks

And the passion is there, here a little sample from the supporters of my club, Alianza, when playing a derby match against our rival, la "u". Of course Alianza WON.

Click play and enjoy! Be careful at 6:03 that the goals come at that moment!

Última edición: 25 May 2011
    A Jorge H., jbl y Diego_7 les gustó este mensaje.
  8. Cholomático

Cholomático Suspendido

Registro:
    3 Abr 2010
    Este tema se va volver un hinchas de la U contra hinchas de Alianza, versión en íngles

Maelo = biased

A frc101, tombstunner, jean199a y 1 otra persona les gustó este mensaje.
  9. Carina04

Carina04 Miembro de bronce

Registro:
    13 Ene 2010
    Concernant tes questions:

1. La bande rouge n'a pas de signification spéciale, d'après ce que je sais. Est simplement la représentation des couleurs du drapeau national, blanc et rouge. La couleur blanc représente la paix tant désirée par le Pérou au temps des conquistadors espagnols et le rouge représente le sang qui a du couler pour qu'elle puisse être établie. Le premier drapeau péruvien fut créé par le général José de San Martin. On dit que le général
    fut également inspiré par les couleurs des "parihuanas", des flamants rouges et blancs que l'on trouve sur la côte péruvienne.

2. Malheureusement, le football péruvien est dans des conditions pareilles car simplement il n'y a pas de discipline. Quelques joueurs très connus peuvent être bons à l'étranger, mais quand ils sont au Pérou, c'est toujours la même histoire. Soit ils en ont marre de la discipline qui est appliquée dans les pays ou ils jouent (raison pour laquelle ils pensent qu'au Pérou ils peuvent se lâcher et faire n'importe quoi), soit ils se sont vraiment habitués à une autre technique, et c'est pour ça qu'entre eux et le reste de l'équipe ça ne colle plus. A mon avis, c'est les deux.

-Autres raisons:
    * Le manque d'infrastructures.
    * Le minuscule soutien de l'état (là par contre tous les sports sont concernés, pas seulement le foot).
    * Ce fait nous amène à comprendre pourquoi les équipes ne sortent jamais du pays pour jouer des matchs amicaux afin d’acquérir de l’expérience (surtout pour le plus jeunes).
    * La mauvaise organisation des dirigeants sportifs.

3. Oui, cette situation a effectivement un impact négatif sur le football national, car les pensées défaitistes se font sentir de plus en plus chez les joueurs (et chez le publique en général aussi)

Bon c'est tout ce que je peux te dire car c'est un thème d'actualité nationale, par contre, pour les reste je ne peux dire grand chose, car je ne suis ni supportrice d'une équipe ni fan de foot.

10. Cholomático

Cholomático Suspendido

Registro:
    3 Abr 2010
    A RATED_RKO_53, Jorge H. y jose25frisco les gustó este mensaje.
  11. lucarne

lucarne Miembro nuevo

Registro:
    4 Abr 2011
    Oups. sorry, I'll ask them and then come back here (I find interesting the problem with discipline - Chile solved it with Bielsa. Maybe you'd need such a coach)

@Carina04 : merci ;)

12. Ghino

Ghino Miembro de honor

Registro:
    11 Nov 2009
    When Cienciano won the "Copa Sudamericana" in 2003, all Peruvians celebrated that success, despite being fans of other teams. This could not see in other South American countries like Argentina or Brazil where the rivalry between local teams is stronger and more violent.

Cienciano is the only team that has won an international championship but have not gotten any national championship. Despite this, Cienciano has the fourth biggest "hinchada" in Peru.

----- mensaje añadido, 25-may-2011 a las 09:26 -----

ojalá nadie se dé cuenta que usé el Traductor de Google :oops:

A Jeringa y Kmilo100Fuegos les gustó este mensaje.
  13. J1990

J1990 Suspendido

Registro:
    26 Abr 2011
    The most succesful club in Peru is Universitario de Deportes, with 25 national titles and 1 copa libertadores final.

How many national championships does alianza or cienciano have? :risota:

14. Schwülli

Schwülli Moderador Global

Registro:
    17 Ago 2008
    You are welcome to post your questions in our forum, however when you first registered, you should have read our forum rules and the Use of this forum implies that you agree to accept and abide by them. Making threads in languages other than Spanish is not prohibited, but for now it is not permitted. You can contact the administrator and see if you can do so.

A jose25frisco le gustó este mensaje.
Estado del tema:
cerrado.